MOM I'm practically an ADULT ugggh you never let me do ANYTHING in olden times i could get MARRIED *eye roll into another dimension*
for my birthday i want food and to stay on your health insurance
I think the “women are mysterious” thing can also come from:
1) Women actually being quite clear, but not telling men what they want to hear. ”She said she doesn’t want to talk to me? So many mixed messages and confusing signals!”
2) Women not having cheat codes. ”I tried being nice, and she didn’t have sex with me. I tried being an asshole, and she didn’t have sex with me. Come on, there’s got to be some kind of solution to this puzzle!”
3) Women not being a hive mind. ”First a woman told me that she likes guys with big muscles. Then the very next day a woman told me she thinks muscles aren’t attractive at all. Make up your mind, women!”
4) An individual woman doing something confusing, and instead of asking “why is she doing this now?” men ask “why do women always do this?”
It doesn’t much matter what line of argument you take as a woman. If you venture into traditional male territory, the abuse comes anyway. It’s not what you say that prompts it—it’s the fact that you are saying it.
The BBC series Doctor Who ended in 2010. It was replaced by a show called Doctor Who Cares Now That Steven Moffat’s in Charge. The title of the latter show is often shortened for the sake of brevity. This has caused much confusion amongst viewers with many believing that the two series are one and the same.
I was tagged by porthosduvallons
Rule 1: Always post the rules.
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked, then write 11 new ones.
Rule 3: Tag 11 people and link them to the post.
Rule 4: Tell them you tagged them.
1. Favorite local restaurant?
I’m going to pretend that I still live in Austin and say Kerbey Lane (4eva)
2. Do you have any recurring dreams? If so what?
When I was little and lived on a farm I had this dream where I would run down into one of our fields and past the creek and it would still be my farm but different and I could fly/climb really fast in this dream.
There are definitely times now where I wake up and think “not that dream again” but un/luckily I don’t tend to remember my dreams for very long.
3. If you could get on a plane or train or car and go anywhere right this minute, free of charge, where would you go?
If someone actually gave me that opportunity I would probably waste about 12 hours trying to decide which one place I wanted to visit most but I would likely choose to go somewhere in Argentina as long as I could take B. with me since she’s convinced my helpless gringo ass couldn’t get anything done alone in S. America
4. Pet peeves?
I really hate it when people pop their knuckles, though that’s less of an annoyance than a “WTF ARE YOU DOING TO YOURSELF”. My knuckles really hurt on the rare occasion that some asshole is like “Give me your hand! Hahaha see that wasn’t so bad!” so I 100% don’t understand the appeal.
5. What was your favorite tv show in middle school?
I was only allowed to watch PBS in middle school but I pretty much liked anything on there, however Liberty Kids was probably my favorite (Because revolution! And newspapers! And ‘Merica!)
6. Do you like wearing sunglasses?
I strive to be the sunglasses emoji in all I do.
7. Most embarrassing elementary/middle school memory? (Embarrassing middle school crush?)
Everything I did in middle school (or really ever) was embarrassing, buuuuuut probably the most embarrassing was when my school traveled an hour to Austin for the big track meet/academic competition in 7th grade. I still hadn’t read one of the books for the Literature competition, so I decided to read it on the way up there, which was a horrible idea because I get motion sickness like a mofo. I ended up barfing (right as we got into Austin) in front of my and my sisters friends, and my mom had to take me to get new clothes which made it really apparent to everyone that something had happened because I was no longer wearing my school gear. Did it end there? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. During the 400 m relay, I tripped and fell on my face in front of all the Lutheran schools of Texas.
(But my team for the Literature competition did place 2nd or 3rd) (Not that anyone cared at my sport-centric school) (Ok my teacher cared)
8. How many places have you lived?
4 places with my family, and then another place for school (and another for study abroad if you count that)
9. Are there any foods you don’t eat?
Whole tomatoes - any tomato from a store can burn.
10. What’s your dream house like?
Probably an apartment and not a house, not on the ground floor, lots of windows, a full kitchen, a bathtub. In a city (or with access to one) but preferably with a green space nearby.
11. Do you know multiple languages? Are there languages you want to learn?
I know some German which should improve as I’m moving to Germany for 10 months. I know the tiniest amount of Spanish which is super embarrassing because I’m half Cuban and my relatives in Florida refuse to admit the possibility that I actually don’t understand what they’re saying. I’m incredibly ungifted in the language learning department which pains me but hopefully I can keep hammering unknown words into my head.
1. Something you have a no-tolerance policy for?
2. Dumbest mistake you made this summer.
3. Which public figure do you think has good intentions but ends up fucking up horribly anyways?
4. If you were colonizing Mars, what would you miss most about Earth? (other than people….but if you’re colonizing Mars, how much could you have really liked other people to begin with)
5. If you were in Fahrenheit 451 and you could pick 5 books to remember/save for posterity, which 5 would it be?
6. Favorite food that you know how to make for yourself, and favorite food that you don’t know how to make.
7. Which musical instrument (if any, and if not any then are we really friends) do you wish you could play?
8. Which city do you like to pretend is the perfect city for you, even if we all know that 90’s sitcoms and romantic comedies are not accurate representations of what those places are really like today (or ever)?
9. Is there a certain behavior or article of clothing that you really wish you could pull off in day-to-day life but which would probably end poorly?
10. Favorite trash tv show?
11. How would you decorate the Oval Office?
tagging (this feels like a Myspace challenge I am 100% here for this) dieweisserose, thingsisawthatilove, taliamspencer annnnnnnd I’m tagging the rest of you in my head GO FORTH sorry guys I don’t have 11 friends.